Are you an indie author struggling to boost your book sales and gain new readers? Have you considered a book blog tour? Book blog tours are a cost-effective and powerful tool for promoting your book to a wider audience. In this post, we’ll discuss the power of book blog tours and how they can help you increase your book sales.
What is a book blog tour?
A book blog tour is a virtual tour that an author takes on the internet to promote their book. During a blog tour, the author visits a variety of blogs, websites, and social media platforms to showcase their book. Blog tours usually last for a set period of time, ranging from a few days to several weeks, depending on the author’s goals.
Benefits of book blog tours
- Increased exposure One of the biggest benefits of a book blog tour is increased exposure for your book. By visiting multiple blogs and social media platforms, you can reach a wider audience and potentially gain new readers.
- Book reviews During a book blog tour, you can offer free copies of your book to bloggers and reviewers in exchange for an honest review. Positive reviews can increase the visibility and credibility of your book, encouraging other readers to buy it.
- Building relationships Book blog tours are a great opportunity to build relationships with book bloggers and other authors in your genre. By establishing a relationship with a blogger, you may be able to secure future reviews or promotions for your books.
- Cost-effective marketing Book blog tours are a cost-effective marketing strategy for indie authors who may not have a large marketing budget. By reaching out to bloggers and reviewers in your niche, you can promote your book without spending a lot of money on advertising.
How to plan a successful book blog tour
- Start early Planning a book blog tour can take time, so it’s important to start early. Ideally, you should start planning your tour 2-3 months before your book’s release date.
- Research book bloggers and reviewers To find bloggers and reviewers in your niche, use social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. You can also search for book bloggers on Google or use blogger directories like Book Blogger List and The Indie View.
- Contact bloggers and reviewers Once you’ve found a list of potential bloggers and reviewers, start reaching out to them. Introduce yourself and your book, and ask if they would be interested in participating in your blog tour.
- Create a tour schedule Once bloggers and reviewers start to agree to participate, create a tour schedule that includes dates, blog names, and post topics.
- Promote your tour Promote your tour on social media and your author website. Use hashtags and tag the bloggers and reviewers who will be participating in your tour.
Are you ready to plan your book blog tour and boost your book sales? At Literary Inspired, we offer book blog tour services to help you promote your book to a wider audience. Contact us today to learn more and get started on your book promotion journey.